Very pleased, good quality
I am very happy with this jacket. I have been trying since FOREVER to find a quality longer length jacket, since all I can find locally are waist or hip length.
- The exterior softshell is really high quality; warm, and wind- and water-resistant while also flexible and durable.
- The interior lining is really soft and keeps you warm. As far as how warm, I would say this is a good lightweight spring jacket, and is probably good down to about 50 degrees F (but I'm always cold, so it might be suitable for even cooler temps than that).
- The zipper is high-quality, two-way, and the two collar snaps are well-sewn and hold tight.
- The fit is true-to-size. I am 5' 6", 125 lbs, and I buy Medium-size jackets to allow for a light sweater or second thin jacket underneath. This fits perfectly for that, and would also be good with just a t-shirt underneath.
A few minor gripes, that aren't enough to affect my rating, but might be helpful to know:
- Made in China. Although, I suppose it's hard to find anything these days that isn't.
- Polyester. I try to purchase sustainable, non-petroleum-based materials whenever possible, so I was a little disappointed about that.
- Printing bleed on label on sleeve. The silver "Free Country" logo on the left sleeve by the wrist has a partial border, meaning that the screen print bled over a bit. Also, this logo is made of thick, plastic-like material, so I expect the letters to be scraped off soon through normal wear and tear. But again, not really a big deal to me.
Overall, this is a GREAT jacket and I'm very happy with it. I hope that Free Country will continue to make jackets and coats in this longer length because I will definitely be back to buy more if so.